The Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing HR-related activity, including providing HR leadership on cross-functional teams, identifying HR issues relevant to the business, giving recommendations to address crucial issues so that business objectives are met, proactively educating on relevant HR issues, serving as HR advisor and analyze issues in a timely manner.
This position reports to the Head of HR, based in the UK and will work closely with the Global HR team, the Vice President of TCompliance as well as the Group Finance team and departmental heads across the Group. This position will be required to work in the Annapolis, MD office at least 1 day per week.
This position requires a high degree of professional discretion and sensitivity, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to exercise independent judgment regarding matters of significance. The Human Resources Manager will serve as an integral member of the team, assisting with management / general business operations, and as the US team’s primary contact to the public regarding human resources-related matters. The Human Resources Manager must be a self-starter with initiative, responsive, accurate, and detail-oriented.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Talent Acquisition and Onboarding
- Benefits Administration, including open enrollment and new hire enrollments, terminations
- Employee Relations
- Compliance with legal HR requirements
- Maintenance of Recruitment and Employment records
- Management of HRIS (currently, BambooHR)
- Coordination of Immigration processes
- Management of Performance Management process
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Master's degree in Human Resources or a business-related field and two (2) years of experience in Human Resources; OR
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a business-related field and four (4) years of experience in a management capacity; OR
- Eight (8) years of experience in a management capacity; Or Any similar combination of education and experience
- Experience with BambooHR preferred, or other HRIS
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of Human Resources Management
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex legal, regulatory and human resources-related documents
- Superior written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within the organization
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in dealing with matters of significance for the company
- Ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings with a demonstrated understanding and appreciation for diverse cultures.
- Experience in following defined processes that require a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience in managing third-party vendors such as benefits suppliers
- Experience in liaising with outside counsel
- Experience in working with senior leaders across departments and coaching them in HR matters
- Experience of working in a Global role would be beneficial but not essential
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, where hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, with normal business hours with the flexibility to accommodate working hours to meet various time zones across the Group. This position will be required to work in our Annapolis, MD office at least 1 day per week.
No travel is required.